There are many reasons to celebrate the magic and unconditional love of puppies. Just one cute wiggle, and they’ve got you wrapped around their little paws!
Dogs NSW has a few ideas to help you mark National Puppy Day on March 23:
• Buy your puppy a fun, interactive toy or take him/her to puppy day care for some fun exercise!
• Spend time brushing and massaging your puppy, or teach your puppy tricks and practice obedience.
• Have a puppy party and invite all your friends with their puppies! Great for early socialisation skills!
• Make a scrapbook for photos of your puppy’s first year.
• Book a puppy-friendly holiday!
• Register your puppy with a Dogs NSW dog sport/activity. (link to http://www.dogsnsw.org.au/activities-a-events.html)
• Host a community event to raise money for a Dogs NSW Breed Rescue Club. (link to http://www.dogsnsw.org.au/resources/breed-rescue-clubs.html)
• Visit Dogs NSW Online Shop to find a gift for your puppy. (link to http://www.dogsnsw.org.au/resources/online-store.html)
• Feeling puppy clucky? If you don’t have a puppy and are thinking about getting a purebred dog, visit www.dogsnsw.org.au and speak to a Dogs NSW breed club for advice.
• Join Dogs NSW Facebook page (link to www.facebook.com/Dogsnsw/) and e-newsletter The Lead (link to http://www.dogsnsw.org.au/resources/the-lead-enewsletter/sign-up.html) to keep up with the latest purebred dog news.
Remember, dogs are for life, not just on special days!