How to enter
The Gazette section of your monthly DOGS NSW Magazine contains show advertisement schedules for events which are being held up to approximately two months forward. They are also available on this website under the Events TAB “Show and Trials Guide” sub-menu.
These advertisements carry a number of important features of the show such as:
- Date of the fixture
- Type of fixture, Championship Show, Open Show, Parade etc.
- Judge or judges officiating
- Details of an online entry provider and, for mail entries, the name and address of the club secretary or cataloguer to whom the entries should be sent.
- Closing date for lodgement of entries.
- Classes offered for judging at the show
- Any other important matters relevant to the show
If you are lodging an entry for your first show we recommend you seek advice and assistance from the person from whom you purchased your puppy or the DOGS NSW affiliated club, shown in the advertisement, which is conducting the show.
Once you decide on the event that you wish to enter, you then need to decide if you will enter online or forward your entry by mail.
No matter which of these methods you choose, the entry information you provide should be exactly what is shown on the current Pedigree Certificate of your dog, namely;
- The Dog’s Registered Name including all titles and suffixes (CH., IMP, IID etc)
- The Dog’s Registration Number
- The name of the Registered Owner/s
- The Owner Number shown on the Certificate to the right of the Owner’s name
- Details of Date of Birth, Sex, Breeder, Sire and Dam
The only other detail required for entry are the Class being entered, the exhibitor contact details and a signed or acknowledged Exhibitor Declaration.
Each one of the online entry websites contain instructions for lodging your entries and you should read the notes carefully if using a site for the first time. After you have completed your entries, you will receive an acknowledgement by email confirming that your entries have been correctly lodged. You should check this email to reconfirm that both the dog’s details and classes you have entered are correct.
How to enter via Show DOGS NSW
- Visit the Show DOGS NSW website and login using your State's Member Body Online Member Services login and password (This is the login you use to lookup pedigrees, register litters and renew your membership online). If you have forgotten this, you can recover these details here.
- Click on "+Enter" against the show you wish to enter
- You will then see a Search Dog box where you key in your dog's Registration Number or part of the Registered Name. Select the dog you want from your list (ALL yours, Owned and Co-Owned are there! - No input required) and then Click Next.
- You are then taken to a Screen where you can check all of your Dog's details. You cannot change anything here, because it is the official ANKC record. (If you believe something is wrong, it will probably require an Application by you to your Member Body to have it changed)
- When finished, Click Next. It then takes you to a Screen where you can select any Class for which the dog is eligible (including Sweepstakes). When selected Click "Add Another Dog" and repeat steps 3 & 4 or "Next" again.
- If you had clicked Next the next screen shows you a summary of the payments required and also offers you the opportunity to purchase a Catalogue
- If you wish to enter more Shows in this transaction you can click "Enter more Show" tab which takes you back to the main screen to enter
- Click on Pay By Card, once you have entered your credit card details and submit, you will be sent an email confirmation
If you're having any problems you can find a help guide at the bottom of the log in screen or you can download it here.
Should you have any queries regarding the new entry system please contact the DOGS NSW Office on (02) 9834 3022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org